[vile] modelines and :map! ?

From: hymie
Subject: [vile] modelines and :map! ?
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 10:05:13 -0500

Greetings.

I've just discovered the concept of "modelines" and I'm curious to see
how I can use it.

Sadly, I am hampered in searching the documentation because the term
"modeline" is also used to describe the status line at the bottom of my
vile window.

Anyway, my question is this:  Can I use a modeline to do a key mapping?

Right now, I have this:

:map! ^X^M ^[!!./codenames2points.pl^Mjjo

in a local .vilerc in a specific directory.  Can I put that into a modeline
since it really only applies to one specific file?

This isn't a situation where it matters.  The .vilerc setup is working
fine, and I can't think of any real reason why I can't put this in my
main .vilerc .  I'm just trying to learn what I can and can't do.

--hymie!     http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    address@hidden