paste-from-clipboard vs register ;

From: Wayne Cuddy
Subject: paste-from-clipboard vs register ;
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 15:45:42 +0000

Using the latest xvile but I don't believe the version makes a
difference.

I know there is data in the clipboard.

If issue :paste-from-clibpard it works as expected.

Per the help doc.

   The register name '.' contains the current selected text in xvile. Also in
   xvile, the register name ';' is a synonym for the clipboard. Other
   versions of vile permit use of '.' and ';' as supplemental register
   storage.

However when data is in the clipboard and I do ";p I receive 'nothing
in register ;]'.

Wayne