Re: The vileget calling code in .vilerc

From: Brendan O'Dea
Subject: Re: The vileget calling code in .vilerc
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 11:34:22 +1100

On Mon, 8 Feb 2021 at 02:45, Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> In my .vilerc that I use on several systems I have the following
> towards the end:-
[snip]

> I only looked at this just recently because I got an unexpected
> vileget running on a little Beaglebone SBC where it took a noticeable
> amount of time to do things.  I couldn't make it start unexpectedly
> again though, I'm a bit non-plussed by the whole thing! :-)

The syntax looks fine to me, and pasted directly into a file and
loaded with "vile @chris.rc" it appears to work fine, with indents as
given.

I can't test dir.pl, which I don't have, but vileget works as
expected: opening the given file in the running vile instance.

I wasn't entirely clear by what you meant by "an unexpected vileget" though...

--bod