vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Cluster Management Message (was CVS)

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Cluster Management Message (was CVS)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 08:15:42 -0800 (PST)

--- Chris Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> I quite like this idea - though I'm not sure how
> well it really does fit into
> the architecture... I'll do some more work on this.

I'm not clear about the nature of the doman problem,
no doubt due to ignorance of Goldwater. In a VRS
Cluster, I had thought it was simply a matter of
maitaining a list of active node IP's in the Cluster
Image.  What am I missing?

> This does mean resurrecting Phoenix (no pun
> intended!) for the network comms
> (far more efficient than something like Apache) -
> but we did say that we'd
> like to use a tight binary format, which precludes
> using port 80 anyway.

I presume you are talking about cluster management
traffic, and not net services traffic.  Perhaps
Phoenix is the core of the Network Port Manager.