vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] VRS Development Idea

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] VRS Development Idea
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:23:26 -0800 (PST)

--- Chris Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> a) Bill moderates the VRS in general and leads the
> RM sub-project
> b) I lead the CM sub-project
>

> What do you think??

I think this would be great.  There is just one thing
that I seriously ask for:  That documentation is a
forethought, not an afterthought.

I have started the docs in html format on the homesite
page, and I think this should continue.  That does
mean that we will have to keep the html in some
consistant format.  What's up there now was composed
in Amaya.  This is a quite functional wysiwyg html
editer that produces very clean W3W standard code.  In
fact, Amaya is produced  by the W3W as the reference
implemenetation of the standards.  I would suggest
that anyone adding material to the docs use this tool
to keep things consistant.  Although clean hand code
should work well too.  But most, if not all, of the
other html editors I've seen produce much garbage in
thier html code.  And the chances of it being
compatable accross such editors in null.