vrs-development

[Vrs-development] reliability of the repository

From: morphius
Subject: [Vrs-development] reliability of the repository
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 16:43:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

Since we are thinking of a distributed file system, how are we planning to sync
all the blocks which are spread around the VRS cluster? Suppose one of the
remote blocks get corrupted, what happens next?

According to the Documentation , the repository on the LDS serve as minor block
storage. What happens if and when the LDS wants to go offline? What happens if
the LDS storing some of the blocks goes down abruptly?

I got more questions than answers and Chris is already complaining of the
thinking to be done during the weekend :-)

- Morphius