vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Coding Style?

From: Eric Altendorf
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Coding Style?
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:25:47 -0700

I'll be using vim most likely.  I'm not aware of any good, free, and
sufficiently fast/small (for my laptop) IDE's for C#...  I used
IntelliJ when I was doing a lot of Java work.  It took me a while,
but the refactoring functionality finally convinced me it was worth
it.  I probably wouldn't bother with an IDE unless it had advanced
refactoring features (eg, finding usages of functions/variables,
renames, method extraction, etc).

I use 4-space tab indents, but if others prefer something else I can
do that.  I forget which layout style is called which, but I do
        if (foo) {
                something;
        } else {
                something else;
        }
and for safety I always use brackets, even for single-line blocks, and
for readability I like to use verbose and accurate names for methods
and classes...

eric,
author of a couple Java refactoring macros in VIM :-)