vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Goldwater 0.3.0beta +Domains

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Goldwater 0.3.0beta +Domains
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:34:22 +0100

I've had a chuffing good idea.

Been playing Gopals C# frogger and am going to do this with it:

1. Write some pInvoke wrappers for some basic GW api functions - this means
we can do some simple C# GW coding.
2. Rip Gopals Frogger and convert it into some GWServices
3. Rip Gopals Frogger and convert the dispaly/keyboard bit into a GWClient.
4. Setup a domain running the GWServices.

So people can download Goldwater, install a basic config, run the Frogger
GWClient and play multiplayer frogger via the central domain.

This will test loads of things, but I will need to allow anonymous domains
for this because I wont know who is going to want to connect to the centeral
domain....

Gives me a break from hacking about in the guts of GW - had enough for a wee
while.....

So Eric, do you want to join me in the pInvoke venture - you were interested
in that weren't you?

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.