vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] SEE and VRS combined. A first look.

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] SEE and VRS combined. A first look.
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:48:57 +0100

On Saturday 26 October 2002 07:38, alias wrote:

> so just to make sure. we're basically doing a vrs where the vm for
> execution is going to be a see right?

Actually, the VRS is _almost_ a SEE + bits.
But watch out, a VM is something that executes bytecode.  For instance, ilrun
contains a VM plus bits to load C# bytecode.  This is why in my DGEE thingy
the VM is identified as a functional unit in its own right.  The four modules
identified in the DGEE are required for the SEE and for the VRS (and not, as
I think you've read it, A-C being VRS specific, and D (the VM) being the SEE).

Does that make sense?

I'm trying to pull the VRS and SEE together so that onlookers don't get
confused by two very similar applications (ie they run webservices) and we
(the developer front) can benifit from a combined design and development
push.  Later, additions to the SEE and the VRS will benifit both applications.
It's all the same technology really, applied in different configurations to
solve different problems.

Chris