vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] see devel

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] see devel
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:53:21 +0000

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 23:09, jesus juarez wrote:
> hi there, i want to help with the devel of this
> system.
> where i must start?
>                regards.
>                      Jesus

Hi there.

What's your experience, major skills and perferred area of work?????
Just so we get a handle on 'team members'.

The main development work is currently with the DotGNU Execution Environment.
This is the core architecture of the VRS and SEE (and perhaps other efforts)
and requires quite a lot of work on the server architecture side and
C#/Python/Perl/Ruby/Java client side.

An example installation of the DGEE may be found at:

http://minddog.shacknet.nu:8080/math.dgmx

By HTTP POST ing an XML-RPC request to this page will invoke the webservice
it documents and return the results :o)

I'd suggets getting the latest version of pnet (0.5.0) and DGEE
(http://www/dotgnu.org/downloads.html)  (Src or RPM)
DGEE has dependencies on phlib and goldwater: (dgee->goldwater->phlib)

The CVS trees are available at:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=dotgnu-pnet
http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=dgee

I'd recommend building from the latest CVS tree of DGEE as there are some
very-minor bugs in the src tar's/rpms.  The CVS DGEE requires pnet built from
the CVS as well as there are inter-dependancies.

You'll need Apache to get the web interface working, though it is possible to
send test xml-rpc requests via the command line.

Glad to have some more help!
Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.