wdiff-dev

[wdiff-dev] Re: Membership request for group wdiff

From: Martin von Gagern
Subject: [wdiff-dev] Re: Membership request for group wdiff
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:23:39 +0200

Hi Gilles!

On 30.03.2010 12:01, Gilles Bertrand wrote:
> I am still willing to address the problem that I pointed out in my
> application. I had initially thought of a similar approach as the one
> you describe in your e-mail. Unfortunately, I am very busy in the
> current period. Still, I would like to contribute to wdiff to solve this
> problem, in a few months when I will have more free time. Is it OK if I
> work on this issue in a few months, say, around september ?

That's perfectly all right. Having the Wish filed with the savannah bug
tracker up front might be a good thing in case others want to contribute
ideas, though, or offer some other help.

> Of course, I would be willing to assign the license to the FSF so that
> as many people as possible can benefit from the patch.

Sent you a separate e-mail so you can request the required form.

> I will have the look to bzr. I am more familiar with svn but I guess it
> should not be too hard to dive in.

The commands of bzr are far closer to svn than e.g. git would be. So it
shouldn't be too hard.
http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/migration/en/survival/bzr-for-svn-users.html
has some documentation about using bzr svn-style. If you want that, I'd
have to set up the branch in the first place, as otherwise all your
changes would go directly to trunk. But with a slightly closer look at
bzr documentation I assume you'll be able to access most of the bzr
potential just fine.

Greetings,
 Martin von Gagern