web-hurd

Re: Changed html page for l4-hurd

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: Changed html page for l4-hurd
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:02:41 -0800

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 02:36:55PM +0100, Zeno Gantner wrote:

> >  You may wish to reinclude the feedback url or an email address for
> > yourself. If I remember correctly when you are copyrighting with the GNU GPL
> > it asks you to include a email address or feedback url to the author.
>
> I do not hold the copyright for that page 'cause I transferred it to the
> FSF (I think this is possible).

In order to assign stuff to the FSF, you need to fill out some paperwork
and mail it to them.  Do you want me to get the assignment for you?  I
tend to do this for the GNU stuff I work on.

> IMHO feedback to address@hidden is more practical, because e.g. if a
> small
> mistake is reported to the list, people with write access can correct
> it directly. Otherwise, I'd have to send the report or the corrected
> page to
> Jeff.

The other thing is that address@hidden should be a pretty permanent
email address.  You can change maintainers in the future and not be
haunted for the rest of your life by people with l4 web page comments. =)

--
No matter how big the bell, if you only tap it, it can give out only a
faint sound.  We must understand thoroughly that the weakness of the blow,