web-hurd

Re: [Fwd: L4/x86-Logo: Copyright...]

From: Zeno Gantner
Subject: Re: [Fwd: L4/x86-Logo: Copyright...]
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 01:36:56 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:

> Could you tell me more about the situation?  For what purpose would
> the logo be used?  What is does this logo stand for?

It is the logo of L4/x86, which is a member of the L4 microkernel
familiy. There are some guys out there who try to port the Hurd
to L4 (I am not directly involved, I just offered to write a html
page, http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/l4-hurd.html, for them).
There are some GPLed implementations of L4 for the platforms x86,
MIPS, ARM and Alpha.
If you have technical questions on this, write to the mailing list
address@hidden
At the moment, there is just a head of a GNU on top of the page.
I wrote to the maintainer of website at Uni Dresden, cause there
was this logo, and asked (because I'm lazy ;-)) if I could use it.
He told me that this is ok, if I put a link to his page. He added
that the pic was not freely distributable.
L4-Hurd is in a very early stage, I don't think there are many
surfers who really expect to have a logo on top of the page.
If there are any problems about, we leave just the gnu logo
there, or wait unil there is another image.

cu
        Zeno