web-hurd

Non-GPL-Software to use with gnu.org websites

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: Non-GPL-Software to use with gnu.org websites
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:47:49 +0100

Hello!

I've just contributed some corrections to a Mozilla page and was astonished by the speed this happened.

Mozilla has a system called "Doctor" which enables you Wiki-like editing functionality. Source code is checked out via CVS, edited in a form, and a diff is generated. If you can authenticate to the CVS server, the patch is applied immediately, otherwise you can view the diff, supposedly to send it someone for review.
Doctor consist of one perl cgi file, a conf file and some templates.

It's licensed under the MPL (http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/). Can we add this functionality? Do we have policy permitting/prohibiting MPL software to use on gnu.org?

I've seen lot's of small errors reported, that could be easily corrected by people themselves. That would make news updates easier and faster as well.

Patrick

--
Engineers motto:  | Patrick Strasser
[ ] cheap         | <past at sbox dot tugraz dot at>