web-hurd

Re: Debian GNU/Hurd presence at LinuxTag

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Debian GNU/Hurd presence at LinuxTag
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:03:25 +0200

At Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:35:15 +0200,
Michael Banck wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 05:27:36AM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> >    I'll be around at LinuxTag, giving a presentation on Debian
> >    GNU/Hurd during Debian Day (Thursday).
> >
> > Would be nice to post this on hurd.gnu.org... Just to have _something_
> > new!
>
> Wolfgang will deliver a general Hurd talk, which would fit even better
> on the web page. He will be speaking at 15:00 on Friday, June 25th (in
> german I guess) about "Hurd: Was lange waehrt, wird unendlich gut?".

We should mention both.  Advocacy is good.  In fact, we should have
posted my Wizards of OS 3 Panel participation, too, but I flunked it,
sorry.

I want to be at Linuxtag, so, if I can overcome my inertia and
actually be there, then I don't mind to be at the FSFe and Debian
GNU/Hurd booth some of the time (I usually am anyway).  There is one
talk I want to attend, and that is Hong Feng's talk about a new
project, Ming/OS.  Maybe we should mention it, too.  It is relevant to
what we do (http://www.rons.net.cn/mingos/q2q.pdf) in the sense that
it is a new OS design centered around the idea of freedom (Hong Feng
is the head of FSF China, and a strong supporter of the freedom in
"free software", read more about him here:
http://mm.gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsf-friends/2003-October/001222.html).

Thanks,
Marcus