web-hurd

Am I missing something?

From: Eric Fluger
Subject: Am I missing something?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:09:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'm a bit confused by the mention of mach using linux device drivers on the gnu mach page. I thought linux was a monolithic kernel and mach was a microkernel, so wouldn't the driver interfaces be very different? Some explanation of how this works would be very helpful. If it's there I missed it. Please point it out. Some diagrams of the architecture would be nice too.

Thanx,
- ef
Eric Fluger
201-860-9608 Desk