web-hurd

The Arizona "We'll Make You Famous Tour" []

From: Louie Baur
Subject: The Arizona "We'll Make You Famous Tour" []
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:47:28 -0500 (EST)

First off we would like to wish you a happy 4th of July and here is the photos
from the Arizona Tour

This trip had 6 different companies involved in it and went from Northern to
Southern Arizona to support the local skateshops. We did demos for the shops at
4 different locations.

The text is below and the pictures can be found here

http://www.s453.net/dbm83/l.php?3905&379858

The night before we left we went and picked up Collin Provost on Wednsday Night
and we skated his mini ramp for an hour or so before we hooked up with the rest
of the crew and headed off to flagstaff. The pictures from that can found mixed
in with the day one pictures.

Day 1 - Flagstaff, Arizona

So the plan was for everybody to meet around 3am and to get to flagstaff for
the first demo at 11am. I had a few people crash over at my place and we kicked
back and played xbox for a few hours until we headed to the shop at 1:30am.
Some people where waiting and for the next hour everybody else trickled in
including King Channitta.

The van was so packed and people looked really uncomfortable but it was time to
go skate not be comfy so the sardine can tour was underway. Keith from Fourth
World Clothing was driving his f-150 and towing the trailer and i was driving
the van. Once we got past barstow on the way to needles, the sun started to
rise and this is where I realized I was really tired. To bad it took 3 and a
half more hours to get to flagstaff!!

We located Focus Boardshop in downtown flagstaff easily enough and made plans
to go to Bushmaster Skatepark. I had been here about 5 years ago and from what
I could remember it was pretty decent. Well my memory doesnt server me very
well because the park wasnt really that fun and had some issues. The bowl was
unskateable as you would for sure loose your speed eventually and the pyramid
was to steep in the street course. The kids made it work good enough and we got
some shots either way.

We bailed Bushmaster and headed over to locate the hotel room. Damn I hooked it
up $44.00 per room for a suite at the amerisuites! We got 4 rooms and everybody
was pretty happy that they could stretch out. I hope the Prescotty Valley Motel
is somewhat similar. I took a quick nap and around 3:30 we all headed over to
the Fox Glenn Skatepark for the last demo. Fox Glenn Rocks! The bowled section
and the street section are so far away from eachother you cant see them its
awesome! The are connected by a corridor with a series of hips - kind of a
snake run if you will. The demo was much better here, there was a big turnout
of kids which was good and after a few hours we got into a huge product toss
which left everybody there nice and happy!!

Its Friday morning now and I am just completing my little writeup and we dont
have to skate until Cottonwood at 5pm. I think we will try to cruise around and
see if we can locate some street stuff or maybe go back to that other park..

Day 2 - Cottonwood, Arizona

Right after I left kinko's for my first update I located a little gap and a
rail to ollie over so I grabbed a few of the guys and asked them if they where
intersested. Daryll, Collin, Jason, Joey and Tom where game so we headed back
over. Collin ended up being the only one to land any thing here and we got a
few pics of that. Then it was off to Burger King to grab some grub and start
figuring out what to do for that day. We decided to head down to Cottonwood
through Sedona so we could take in a few sites before the next demo. It was a
pretty short drive down the windy road to Sedona and that place is pretty
bitchen! We grabbed a few pictures there and continued down to Cottonwood to go
find the Sidewalk Skater. We arrived there way to early like at about 1am and
we needed to find something to do for 4 hours until the demo started. After
chilling in the sidewalk skater and watching a few videos we decided to grab
some food and then go down to the river. Well we arrived at the
 river in Cottonwood and everybody was laughing their asses off it was an
overglorified stream! I was so damn hot that i just layed down in it and got
some water on me. It seemed that nobody else shared my enthusiasm in this
venture and the crew wanted to get he hell out of there.

We headed on back to Sidewalk Skater and some of the kids where starting to
roll in so we started the demo a little early. Sidewalk Skater has an 8 ft tall
mini ramp and some street stuff next to it so we ripped it up. Tony Cervantes
just learned backside tailslides on that ramp earlier on that day so that was a
cool trick to see him through down for sure. Collin Provost and Justin Gordon
where throwing down every mini amp trick in the book and Jarret Berry, Pat
Chanitta and Donovan Dresti where also on the ramp. After about an hour of
skating we started doing some raffles and giveaways. Helena hooked us up with a
bunch of food and one of the things she brought out where deviled eggs. We
decided to have a devil egg eating contest between three kids which then turned
into a eat as much stuff as you can contest with one goal in mind which was
seeing who could puke first. Unfortunatly puking never really happened but it
was funny seeing these guys eat everything in sight and the
 y got a good food supply for the next few days.

Once the demo winded down we headed over to Cottonwood Skatepark to roll around
that for a little while. It got dark on us pretty quickly so we fired up the
generator and lit up one of the hips. This session lasted for about an hour and
a half and the Cottonwood kids got to see some first hand night generation and
they where stoked on that. It was now 10pm and time to start heading to
Prescott Valley to find our hotel. We took the road through Jerome, AZ which is
a mountain town and it was like a scene out of an italian movie. The roads
where narrow and went right through the middle of town. It looked like a pretty
cool place to go visit for sure! We arrived in Prescott Valley at about 11:15pm
and where greeted by our contact there with 7 pizzas so that was awesome. We
were all pretty beat, had a few beers and went to bed early because we were
going to be in a parade the next day.

Day 3 Prescott Valley, Arizona

Have you ever got 19 tired skateboarders up at 8:30 am and told them to sit on
a flat bed trailer for a parade? I hadnt to that point and it was happening!
The city of Prescott Valley and Wood on Wheels Skateshop where putting on the
demo at the park and the parade was part of the Prescott Valley Days deal that
they do every year to pump up the carnival and other events. We hopped on this
trailer behind a monster truck driven by some dude named Joe and moved to our
position in line in the parade. We were float number 33. We sat in the hot ass
sun for about an hour before the parade got under way and before you knew it we
where going down the main streets of Prescott Valley promoting skateboarding!
We were behind a few horses that kept shitting on the road so as we skated
around the float we had to dodge horse shit which was a first for me. It was
actually pretty cool, we handed out stickers and candy to all the kids lined up
along the parade path and got to goof off quite a b
 it. When you are getting towed and not paying attention your board gets really
close to the wheels of the trailer and both Collin Provost and Justin Gordon
got to close to the wheels of the trailer and got their boards ran over. The
trailer was only going about 5 miles per hour so nobody got hurt up to this
point and there was no damage to the boards. Once we got through the parade we
where driving down the road at about 30 miles per hour and Justin Gordon was
screwing around with his ass on the trailer and feet on his board doing
powerslides and stuff like that when all of a sudden we lost Justin. Apparantly
shuvits at 35mph dont work to well and Justin fell off the trailer and hit the
ground! We stopped the trailer and went back to pick him up. He got pretty
jacked up, ripped a pretty good sized hole in his hand and got a pretty big
swelbow as well. This I would have to say was one of the funniest things I have
ever seen in my life and even though Justin was pretty battere
 d up he got a good laugh out of it as well.

We cruised back to the hotel room to get out of the sun for a few hours and to
rest up for the demo that was going to take place at the Prescott Valley
Skatepark at 1pm. Once we arrived at the demo the park was hopping and tons of
people where there. We mixed in with the locals and skated with them for awhile
and when the smash up derby factor was to high we cleared out the park for our
guys. There were a couple of different things the guys where hitting at this
park and there was alot of good skating going on. At one point I saw a kid with
the Transworld Am Issue that is out now and told him that Collin Provost had a
2 page Split Clothing ad in there. I got the kid to go to Collin and get him to
sign it and then everybody went to their cars to get their mags and get him to
sign it. Seems like kids like to get autographs from people in magazines. I
looked over and saw Pat Chanitta busy signing autographs as well. At this time
I would like to thank Pat for coming along, squeez
 ing in our packed van and being a part of the trip. That guy is cool as shit
and ripped all the parks we went to!! Thanks Pat:-) We went back to the hotel
and we didnt have to do anything until the next morning so it was time to get
some rest. After about a 4 hour nap me and a few of the boys headed on over to
Whiskey Row in downtown Prescott and tore it up at a few bars. Many Kamikazee
shots later somebody thought it would be a good idea to hit the nasty ass strip
club called Pinyon Pines so we headed on over there. This place is probably the
worst strip club that I ever went to, when we walked in there was a chick on
stage with a gut the size of mine so I knew this was going to be interesting.
We got hooked up nicely there due to the cocktail waitress being at the
skatepark a few hours earlier, she made sure we got in for free and got good
priced drinks. A few of us got lap dances and nobody paid over $5 for them if
this gives you any idea of what a classy establishment t
 he place was. Bars close at 1am in Arizona which is a good thing because we
needed to call and end to the night and get some sleep for the massive amount
of driving that was in store for us the next day.

Day 4 Marana, Arizona

We woke up at about 9:30 today so we could head on down to Phoenex to meet the
owner of Option Skateshop. It was pretty narly getting everybody up and into
the van because the day before I had told them they could sleep in. Oh well
shit happens and plans change. We arrived in Phoenix at around noon and cruised
into Option Skateshop to go meet those guys and hang out a little bit.
Afterwards we hit the Gameworks there for a few hours and had a bunch of fun
there. We played that basketball game with 6 people instead of 2 and the balls
kept getting stuck up there so we kept sending Tony up onto the court to get
our game going again. Gotta love that 3 hour unlimited card for $20, with 2 of
those we where all set.

After we left Phoenix the second stupidest thing of the trip happened. I pulled
into Chevron to get gas and after having a temper tantrum because it was so
hot, I managed to get the nozzle of the gas pump stuck in the van. The gas
attendent said she had never seen that happen before and had no solution for me
to get it out. I suggested driving off and ripping it out of the van but
somebody told me that would probably damage the van. They ended up calling some
dude to come out and force the nozzle out of the van. I had to sign a waiver to
let him do this and it was pretty much a big hassle but funny at the same time.
After an hour delay we where on the road to Marana, AZ where Coyote Skateshop
is located. We arrived at Coyote and Scott had a bunch of drinks ready for us
which was kinda nice. We relaxed for about an hour and headed on over to the
park. Marana is pretty desolate so we didnt expect much but the park was
located in a huge new housing development on the hill and th
 ere were quite a few people waiting for us. I did my usual "Pat Chanitta is in
the house" announcement and the demo was on. Darryl Weaver was hitting
noseslides down the hubba, jarrett, jason, pat, collin and donovan tore the
pyramid apart and justin was working the half pipe area. We skated for about an
hour and a half and had our last huge product throw session and it looks like
most everybody cruised out of there with something. After that wound down some
of the guys went over to the basketball court to take on mini Kobe and some of
the other locals. The seemed to do pretty well but I think they still got
smoked! After this Scott invited us to a friends house to cool off in the
swimming pool and get some bbq going. I went swimming, did some chicken
fighting, throwing the football at peoples heads and normal pool activities,
ate some food and took a two hour nap to rest up for the drive home. We took
the 8 freeway home and it was an agonizing 9 hour drive and once again we
  saw the sun rise in the middle of the desert. We arrived back at Vksports and
9am, took a final picture and everybody parted ways. Finally it was all over:-)

This trip had a bunch of different people involved and here is the list

Vksports sent Louie Baur and Amanda Wheeler

Master Image Customs - sent Jason Martinez&Justin Gordon

Pat Channita was there representing Powell, Bones bearings, Mountain Dew,
Independent, Ally Co., Dragon, Go Urethane, Guerilla Union

Fourth World Clothing towed the trailer and sent Tony Cervantes, Matt Gallardo,
Ray Yanez, & Mike Massaro

Cowboy Punk sent Joey Marshall & Jarret Berry

Oakley sent Jason Martinez&Collin Provost

ThirdChoice sent Darrell Weaver

Underworld Skateboards sent Donovan Dresti

We got product for the trip from these companies

Unleashed Clothing Dragonetti Wheels ADD Jokers Rails Sullen Clothing nomadik
clothing Red Bull Girl Skateboards Dirtbag Clothing Flowlab Skateboard Hanger

8&9 Shortys Skateboards

Switch to HTML version:
http://www.s453.net/dbm83/msgtype.php?type=1&email=379858&emailing=5731
We hope you enjoyed receiving this email, but if you no longer wish to

receive our emails please click here:
http://www.s453.net/dbm83/un.php?5731&379858

Skateboarding Magazine

1927 Harbor Blvd #611