web-hurd

Re: Hello?

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: Hello?
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:31:25 +0200

Hello!

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 03:38:13PM -0500, Stremcha, Matthew wrote:
> The Hurd project interests me,  but the main page at www.hurd.gnu.org
> seems old.  Is there a better source for news?  I have been to the Hurd
> page at Debian.  The mailing lists are good but tedious to find current
> project status in.  To me, the main Hurd pages at GNU seem like the
> place to find that.

You're right that the Hurd's web pages are not as ``dynamic'' as other
projects's pages and not as ``dynamic'' as they could be.  This is due to
very few people working on those pages.  Are you (and everyone else as
well, of course) interested in improving that situation?

> My programming experience is a bit rusty, but it might be time to dust
> off that computer science degree and put it to work.  I have written
> instructions and shorter manuals before.  I want to help with GNU in
> some way, but I am not sure how much time I can devote to it right now.

Sure, feel free to help wherever you see a need to help.  And ask if you
have any questions.

> Keep it up, it's an incredible thing.

Thanks, that's good to hear from time to time.  :-)

Regards,
 Thomas