web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] daily devotional (Sat. 10-16-2004)Liveprayer.com

From: prayermanager
Subject: [Web-trans] daily devotional (Sat. 10-16-2004)Liveprayer.com
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:23:40 -0400

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or
family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You
can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe.
www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL    SATURDAY OCTOBER 16, 2004
( John 12:43 )

***TUESDAY OCTOBER 19TH, THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL DEVOTIONAL DEDICATED TO THE
UPCOMING PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.  THE OFFICES OF BOTH CANDIDATES HAVE BEEN
CONTACTED TO SUPPLY A TESTIMONY OF THEIR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST WHICH WILL BE
INCLUDED.  ALSO, I WILL COMMENT ON THE RESPONSES BY BOTH CANDIDATES TO THE
SPIRITUAL ISSUES RAISED IN THE RECENT SERIES OF PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES.  DON'T
MISS IT!

The praise of men or the praise of God?  Last April brought this point
home so clear to me.  In the mail I received a letter stating that
the Liveprayer television program had won a Telly Award in our very first
year on the air.  The "Telly," founded in 1978, is the premiere award that
honors outstanding local, regional, cable TV commercials and programs.
It is a highly respected national and international competition in the
secular
broadcast world that receives over 10,000 entries annually.  It was quite an
honor for the ministry and for all those who have sacrificed to make the
Liveprayer television program possible.

I want to thank those who sacrificially give to cover the $40,000 budget
each month since I never ask for funds on the program, those who pray for
the program, the powerful prayer warriors all over the world who faithfully
watch each night to pray along with me for the needs of those who call in,
the dedicated production crew, and the incredible audience that watches the
program each night.  As we start our 85th week of doing this program every
Monday through Friday "live" from 1-2 a.m., God has richly blessed our
commitment to taking the hope and love of Jesus, the truth of His Word, to a
completely secular audience with this unique program.

Then on the program the night the letter came, the last call was from a man
who was calling for prayer for his son who was having lots of problems in
his
life.  He told me that a few nights ago his son was sitting at his kitchen
table
with a loaded gun in front of him thinking about taking his life.  It was
1:30 in the morning and on the TV was the Liveprayer program.  I had just
finished praying for a caller and was sharing something that caught this
young man's attention.  He went and listened to the rest of the program, and
when it was over put his gun away.  God had spoken to him through that
program about LIVING.

As honored as I was with the letter of the Telly Award that day, I was more
honored that God had used the program to touch someone's life in such a real
and profound way.

Year round the television is full of awards shows.  The music industry has
their Grammy, the movie industry the Oscar, in sports there is the ESPY,
their are the catchall awards like the Golden Globe and Peoples Choice, even
the Christian music world has their Dove Award.  It is always special when
people single out your work and give you praise.  The Bible even encourages
us to "give honor to whom honor is due."

However, the point of today's Devotional is very simple.  Do we live our
lives for the praise of man or the praise of God?  Let me assure you that it
is easier to get the praise of God than of man, and it is praise that is not
temporary but eternal!!!

You see, trying to please man is an impossible task because what is expected
and required of us changes so often.  You can try your entire life to please
man but you will end up most sad and frustrated because it is not possible.
The
wonderful thing about God is that he has told us in His word what He
expects,
thus we know without a doubt what is required to please Him.

The other problem with the praise of man is that it is so temporary.  How
many people in the entertainment, athletic, even industry you may be part of
are "hot" for a period of time, then are all but forgotten.  The praise of
man is fleeting, temporal.  The praise of God is everlasting.

I realize that many of you struggle with this issue.  Trying to get the
praise of someone in your life, whether it be in school, professionally, or
in some sort of relationship.  I am not saying not to try to please others,
or do a good job.  What I am saying is that your first priority is to please
God.  So many email me how distraught they are because they just can't seem
to make this person or that person happy.  Continue to try, but always
remember that your goal should not be to receive the praise of a man, but
the praise of God.

I realized a very long time ago that I could not make everyone happy.  No
matter how hard I tried it just wasn't possible.  I still do my best each
day, but in that effort, I never forget that ultimately it is God that I
have to please.  Even though everyone else may not like what I do, as long
as I am doing what God wants and He is pleased, then I have succeeded.

We read about the human cry of the prophets in the Old Testament complaining
how nobody would listen to them.  Nobody was willing to heed their warnings.
How frustrated they were.  I can guarantee you this.  None of those men were
ever going to receive any awards from their city, but they were receiving
far greater rewards from God because of their faithfulness.

In the Book of Acts, Stephen's reward for preaching the Gospel was death by
stoning.  Even though those around him were so upset they literally stoned
him to death, Jesus rose from His throne and stood to welcome Stephen into
heaven because of his faithfulness!!!!!!

I love you and care about you so much.  I pray today that you will never
forget that it is God who we must ultimately please each and every day.  I
don't know about you, but like most I enjoy the praise of man.  However, I
do not live for that.  I live my life for the praise of God and to one day
hear those words, "well done thou good and faithful servant."

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email
at address@hidden

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT!  Never miss receiving your Daily
Devotional again.  LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE!  Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is
now available via AUDIO each day.  Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

©Copyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

---
You are currently subscribed to dailydevotional as: address@hidden

address@hidden
The above is NOT a web site address. You must send an email to it.