web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] daily devotional (Fri. 10-22-2004)Liveprayer.com

From: prayermanager
Subject: [Web-trans] daily devotional (Fri. 10-22-2004)Liveprayer.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:18:03 -0400

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or
family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You
can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe.
www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL    FRIDAY OCTOBER 22, 2004
(Deuteronomy 4:35, Psalms 83:18, 1 Corinthians 8:4, 1 Timothy 2:5)

***THIS DEVOTIONAL TODAY IS DEDICATED TO MY WIFE NAN.  21 YEARS AGO GOD GAVE
ME THE GREATEST BLESSING HE POSSIBLY COULD WHEN HE GAVE ME NAN AS A WIFE AND
PARTNER IN THIS JOURNEY.  HER UNCONDITIONAL LOVE SUSTAINED ME IN MY DARKEST
TIMES.  THIS IS ONE OF THE FEW TIMES IN MY LIFE THAT I CAN'T COME UP WITH
THE WORDS TO EXPRESS WHAT I WANT TO SAY.  SO LET ME JUST SAY THIS.  I AM
MOST BLESSED AMONG MEN.  NAN, I LOVE YOU!  GOD, THANK YOU!

Praying to God, but which god?  Forty years ago, there would have been no
need to even write a Devotional like this.  Not only does the need exist for
me to have to address this issue today, but it is a message that  the world
AND the church needs to hear.  You see my friend, there is only ONE GOD, and
that is the God of the Bible.  The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  When
we pray, there is only ONE GOD that we pray to, the God of the Bible.  All
other gods are false gods.  Praying to a false god is as productive as
praying to a tree, your refrigerator, or a toilet.  There is only ONE GOD
that hears and answers our prayers, and that is the God who created the
heavens and earth, the God who created you and me, the God of the Bible.

It is critical that when we are talking with someone and use the name "God,"
we call Him the "God of the Bible."  That way, there will not be any
confusion to those we are talking to, who you are talking about.  Because we
are a nation where people are free to worship whatever god they want and
with the influx in the past 100 years of people from every corner of the
globe who have brought with them their false gods, not to mention the
aggressive marketing and recruiting campaigns by every cult known to the
world, simply saying "God" is not good enough.  That is why you need to
start making it a practice in your day to day conversation to call God, the
God of the Bible.

I am aware of the various names that the Bible calls God by, but there are
many false religions in the world that use all of the various names we have
for God.  There is no way to say "God" and be 100% positive everyone
understands which god you are speaking about unless you call Him the GOD OF
THE BIBLE.  Also, when you hear someone use the name God, DO NOT just assume
they are talking about the God of the Bible!

Let me make this perfectly clear.  Allah is NOT God!  Buddha is NOT God!
The god of the Mormon cult is NOT God!  The god of the Jehovah's Witness
cult is NOT God!  The god of the Kabbalh cult is NOT God!  The god of the
Hindu is NOT God!  The god of Scientology is NOT God!  The god of the
Christian Science cult is NOT God!  All of the gods of the false religions
of the world are NOT God!  My friend, there is but ONE GOD, He is the GOD OF
THE BIBLE!

I want to expose for you right now one of the politically correct traps that
many Christians have fallen into, and it needs to stop now.  It is a subtle
trap of satan that they have fallen into so they don't offend anyone.  I
think it is comical that satan has no problem offending Christians every
moment of every day, yet we are supposed to be sensitive to people's
"feelings."  Let me tell you right now, if you are REALLY sensitive to
people's feelings, you will tell them the truth of God's Word so that they
don't perish for eternity.

Many high profile Christians that talk to large audiences of Christians and
non-Christians, those in the public arena, will use the name of God.  I have
no doubt they are speaking of the God of the Bible.   I have no doubt that
their Christian listeners understand they are referring to the God of the
Bible.  But I also have no doubt that those non-Christians hear the name God
and believe it to be whatever false god thy may believe in.  I can guarantee
you when a Muslim hears the name "God," he is thinking of allah.  Allah is
no more the God of the Bible than Mickey Mouse is.  They are both fictional
characters!  I can guarantee you that when a Mormon hears the name "God," he
is thinking of the god of Mormon theology.  The god of the Mormon cult is no
more the God of the Bible than Jesus and Lucifer are brothers as that cult
believes!

This is serious my friend..  During the time of prayer and fasting for the
upcoming elections, there is only ONE GOD that we will be praying
to, and that is the God of the Bible since He is the one we have turned our
back on and sinned against.  Each May, this nation observes the
National Day of Prayer.  I am calling on all of those associated with any
National Day of Prayer events to use the term "God of the Bible" when they
refer to God.  I realize that they are afraid of offending those who believe
in the false gods of the world, but what is the use of having a national day
of prayer to pray to a false god that doesn't exist?  I am challenging all
of those involved to not worry about what people will say, but boldly
proclaim God to be the God of the Bible, since He and He alone is God!

I love you and care about you so much.  I realize that while we have been
sleeping and not paying attention, we now have laws that take the God of the
Bible out of the public discourse.  They have taken God out of the schools,
removed Him  from all public buildings, are trying to take His name out of
the Pledge, working on removing Him from our money, and will continue to do
everything they can to eliminate God.  Now more than ever, those who know
the God of the Bible must do everything we can to insure that HIS name is
clearly identified and boldly proclaimed to this lost world since He is the
only hope we have.

I will be praying for you today.  Praying that when you say the name God,
you identify Him as the God of the Bible so that those who hear you will
have no doubt who you are talking about.  In this lost and hurting world
there are many false gods, but there is only ONE TRUE GOD.  That is the God
of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God who created the heavens and the earth.
When we pray, there is only ONE GOD to pray to who hears and answers our
prayers, that is the God of the Bible!!!

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email
at address@hidden

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT!  Never miss receiving your Daily
Devotional again.  LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE!  Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is
now available via AUDIO each day.  Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

©Copyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

---
You are currently subscribed to dailydevotional as: address@hidden

address@hidden
The above is NOT a web site address. You must send an email to it.