web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] daily devotional (Sun. 10-31-2004)Liveprayer.com

From: prayermanager
Subject: [Web-trans] daily devotional (Sun. 10-31-2004)Liveprayer.com
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:03:46 -0400

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or
family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You
can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe.
www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL   SUNDAY OCTOBER 31, 2004
(Matthew 28:18-20)

***A CALL TO PRAYER!  In 2000, Liveprayer mobilized over 1.5 million people
to pray for the elections and that God would allow to rise to power men and
women who would follow His heart.  Over 3 million prayed and fasted 40 days
for our nation and its leaders earlier this year.  I am calling on everyone
who is part of the Liveprayer family to pray and fast as led during these
next few days that God will bring men and women into office who will uphold
Biblical standards as they lead our nation.  May we repent of our gross
wickedness, turn from our sins, and once again turn back to God before He
completely removes His hand of blessing from our land and we suffer His
wrath.

***SPECIAL ELECTION DEVOTIONALS!   Do not miss the Daily Devotional on
Monday, "Leadership, political versus spiritual," and Tuesday which will be
a special "word" for our nation.

THE UNITED STATES IS NO LONGER A CHRISTIAN NATION (Part Two of Two)

This is no longer a Christian nation, Part Two.  Many people were upset with
Part One where I stated the fact that the United States was no longer a
Christian nation.  Some incorrectly contended that it never was.  I am very
well aware of some of the ungodly practices this nation has been involved
in throughout its history such as slavery.  I am also very well aware that
not
all of the Founding Fathers were Christians.  The fact is however, the
majority
of the people in this nation for the first 200 years believed in the God of
the
Bible and knew His Son Jesus Christ as their Savior.  That, is no longer the
case in the year 2004.

We live in a nation that allows people the freedom to worship whatever gods
they choose to.  While early on in our nation's history, the majority of the
people did believe in the God of the Bible and had a personal relationship
with Jesus Christ, that simply is not true today.  But that is OK!  It
simply means that those who know Christ as their Savior have got to get
serious about sharing their faith.  We have incredible freedoms to share our
faith with those in this nation and around the world.  WE ARE ONLY LIMITED
BY OUR OWN LACK OF VISION!

NEVER FORGET, WITH GOD, YOU ARE NEVER A MINORITY!!!

One of the biggest problems we have had in this nation over the last 40
years, is the isolationist mentality too many believers have.  CHRISTIANS,
NOT THOSE WHO OPPOSE THE MESSAGE OF CHRIST, ARE
LARGELY RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING GOD OUT OF OUR
CULTURE!  A vast majority of churches, especially mainline denominations,
went into maintenance mode and quit evangelizing.  Instead of reaching out
to the lost world, the church shut out the lost world.

We have also seen the start of the Christian television, radio, and
publication businesses.  Now, instead of having to use secular television,
radio, book and magazine publishers, Christians have their own TV stations,
their own radio stations, their own books and magazines.  We created
our own media and took the message of Christ and the truth of God's
Word out of the mainstream media that the people in the world tune into
daily.  WE ABANDONED THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA AND LEFT
IT FOR THE WORLD TO USE.

What this means is that Christians need to get busy and use our freedoms to
start putting God back into our culture.  God needs His people in every walk
of life to quit being so passive, and start having the same boldness as
those who reject God, His Son, and the truth of His Word.  Those who are in
Hollywood need to use their influence to get Christian messages into the
films that are being produced.  Not just films that are Christian in nature,
but regular every day films as well.  Those in secular TV and radio need to
find ways to inject God's truth into the programming.  Believers in the
print media need to use their influence and clout to get the Christian
message back into magazines and newspapers.

EVERY CHILD OF GOD HAS A ROLE TO PLAY.  When you accept
Christ as your Savior, you become part of God's army.  Everyone can do
their part in the course of their daily life.  At work, at school, where you
shop,
work-out, the hobbies you are involved in, we must let our light shine
bright
and not hide it under a bushel.  God has called us to be the salt of this
earth.
Living a life pleasing and acceptable to God is still the greatest witness
that you will ever have to this lost and hurting world.  What Jesus has done
in your life is still your greatest message to the lost.

I love you and care about you so much.  We should not be saddened by the
fact the United States is no longer a Christian nation, but challenged by
it.  Look at the world Christ's disciples and Paul lived in, the early
church was born into.  It was literally void of the message of Christ, and
those who were Christians came under incredible persecution.  Anyone in the
United States that thinks you are being persecuted for your faith needs to
read about the REAL persecution the early Christians had to endure.  Having
people say bad things about you is NOT persecution.  Being fed to a lion is
persecution!

But those first Christians persevered and took the Gospel, the Good News of
Jesus Christ to the lost world that they lived in.  They didn't hide in
their homes and isolate themselves from their culture, but boldly took their
faith in Christ directly to the world of their day.

I am praying for you today.  Could the United States once again be a
Christian nation, with a majority of people who know Christ as their Savior?
ABSOLUTELY!  But it will take bold and courageous men and women of
God who are willing to sacrifice their lives for the sake of the Gospel.  It
will
take men and women of God who have great vision to take the truth of His
Word out of our churches, out of the Christian media, and directly to the
people of this world that we live in.

My friend, this nation, this world is looking for hope.  It is looking for
answers.  Jesus Christ is the ONLY hope, and Jesus Christ is the ONLY
answer.  Those faithful saints that have gone on to their rewards in Glory,
have passed the baton to us.  It is OUR JOB to carry the message of Christ
to this nation we live in, and to the world we are part of.   The Great
Commission has not expired.  It is a commandment from our Lord and Savior
to all those who have accepted Him into their hearts and lives to "go and
make
disciples of all nations."  Let us work together and once again make the
United States a Christian nation!!!

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email
at address@hidden

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT!  Never miss receiving your Daily
Devotional again.  LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE!  Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is
now available via AUDIO each day.  Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

©Copyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

---
You are currently subscribed to dailydevotional as: address@hidden

address@hidden
The above is NOT a web site address. You must send an email to it.