web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] daily devotional (Sat. 11-13-2004)Liveprayer.com

From: prayermanager
Subject: [Web-trans] daily devotional (Sat. 11-13-2004)Liveprayer.com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:26:12 -0500

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or
family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You
can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe.
www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL   SATURDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2004
(Matthew 5:44)

***Become a LIVEPRAYER.COM DAILY SPONSOR AT:
http://www.liveprayer.com/liveprayerdailysponsor.html

 There was once a man named Saul of Tarsus.  To the early Christians he was
an evil man.  He sought to kill those who followed Jesus Christ.  One day on
the road to Damascus, God visited Saul.  Saul of Tarsus became Paul, one of
the most powerful Christians that ever lived.  A man God used to write a
good portion of the New Testament and plant many of the early churches that
still exist today.  I have no doubt that those in the early church followed
the example of Jesus and PRAYED FOR SAUL!!!  Be like Jesus, and pray for
your enemies.

Praying for your enemies.  I am about to give you a quick spiritual test.
What is your attitude towards your enemies?  We all have those people in our
life that we just can't get along with.  We all have those people in our
life that don't like us.  We all have those people in our life that do not
wish us well.  What is your attitude towards those people?  It is easy to
like your friends, but how do you feel about those who do not like you?  On
the ladder of spiritual maturity, this is a very big rung.  How we feel
about and deal with those people in our life that are NOT our friends, is a
major indicator of our spiritual growth and maturity.

Of course, our perfect example in this area is Jesus.  How did He handle
those who were involved in his death?  He loved them, He forgave them, and
He prayed for them.  This becomes the standard that we must work to achieve
in this area.  We must love those who hate us.  We must forgive those who
mean to do us harm.  We must pray for those who are out to get us.  You see,
the Bible says the Lord will fight for us, that the "battle is the Lord's.
"The reason God fights for us is that we can get so weary, so worn out,
that we become ineffective for God.  We become so distracted in fighting
those who oppose us, we lose sight of our mission which is to serve and
glorify Him with our lives.

I realize today that you have people in your life that wish only the worst
upon you.  Love those people today, pray for them.  Anyone that has allowed
bitterness to become such a stronghold in their life needs our prayers.
Those who allow bitterness and hatred to creep into their life are to be
pitied.  They are hurting themselves, so out of that hurt, lash out on those
around them.  Pray for them.  Pray the Lord will grant them peace.  Pray the
Lord will take the hatred and bitterness from them and replace it with peace
and joy.  Love them.

How?  In our own strength, it is NOT POSSIBLE to love or pray for our
enemies.  That is when we need to tap into the strength only God can give
us.  In our own strength, it is virtually impossible to love and pray for
our enemies.  But when we let God take over, when we call upon His strength,
it is possible.  AND THIS IS WHAT THE LORD IS CALLING YOU TO DO TODAY!!
Make a list right now of everyone in your life that means you harm.  Make a
list of your enemies.  My suggestion is that you call each one, or  meet
with each one and tell them you love them, forgive them, and are praying for
them.  If communicating with them is not possible, at least sit down each
morning, and pray for them.  THIS IS WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO TODAY!!!!

 I love you and care about you so much.  I realize that these are difficult
words to hear, and even more difficult to put into action.  Trust me, there
is a key of freedom attached with what I am telling you today.  A freedom
that you cannot begin to understand.  This is a test, a spiritual test.  I
will pray for you today that you pass it with flying colors.  It is no
accident that you are reading these words today.  God is clearly speaking to
you.

Take a few minutes right now, and pray for all of those in your life that
are not your friends, those that are against you.  Pray for their souls, and
then pray the Lord will bless them and open their hearts to His love. God is
calling you today to rise above the day-to-day emotions of life.  Realize
that the wars we fight are not of this earth, not of flesh and blood, but
are spiritual.  Pray for your enemies today, and be like Jesus!!!

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email
at address@hidden

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT!  Never miss receiving your Daily
Devotional again.  LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE!  Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is
now available via AUDIO each day.  Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

©Copyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

---
You are currently subscribed to dailydevotional as: address@hidden

address@hidden
The above is NOT a web site address. You must send an email to it.