web-trans-coord-discuss

Re: [Web-trans] Translation Coordination Status

From: Praveen Kamat
Subject: Re: [Web-trans] Translation Coordination Status
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:09:40 -0800 (PST)

--- Masayuki Hatta <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi there, I'm ex-chief translation coordinator.
>
> Now I'm trying to catch up the discussion, but would
> you tell me what
> you want me to do/write/whatever in, say, itemized
> form?  I'll do them
> ASAP if I can do.

Hi Masayuki,

It is good to hear from you and know that you are
still active. We now have four new translation
coordinators including myself and a potential fifth
one all eager to contribute.

* Alex Muntada <address@hidden>:
https://savannah.gnu.org/users/alex_muntada

* Praveen Kamat <address@hidden>:
https://savannah.gnu.org/users/kamatp

* Dwayne Dever <address@hidden>:
https://savannah.gnu.org/users/deverd

* Leandro Dutra <address@hidden>:
https://savannah.gnu.org/users/ldutra

With you in hibernation and Ofer too on a break we new
volunteers have been on a learning curve with how
things are done and what needs to be done.

What we need now is for Alex and at least one other
new member to be assigned admin privileges to the GNU
Translation Coordinators project in savannah as well
as to the address@hidden mailing list. A request
has been submitted to the chief-webmaster and to
sysadmin respectively so that we can continue to
integrate new volunteers if you or Ofer are on a
break.

In addition a request has also been submitted to
sysadmin for:
- Separate RT queue for translation coordination
- Spam filter on web-trans mailing list

Refer to my email to web-trans on 11/11/04 (subject:
Translation coordination status) which attempts to
itemize and level set all of us on some of the
outstanding tasks. If you can expediate any of the
submitted requests or resolve some of the outstanding
tasks it would be of considrable help.

Thanks
Praveen
GNU/FSF Translation Coordinator