web-trans-coord-discuss

Re: [Web-trans] Re: Translation Coordination Status

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra
Subject: Re: [Web-trans] Re: Translation Coordination Status
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:17:58 +0200

Em Sex, 2004-11-19 às 00:58 +0100, Alex Muntada escreveu:

> * Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <address@hidden>:
>   [2004-11-16 20:43:12 +0200]
>
> > The problem is, won't wikis mess the HTML?  All wikis I saw up
> > to know aren't so great as to the HTML one can do with them
>
> That's exactly the point. Content has nothing to do with HTML
> layout. So by using wiki syntax it should be easier to have
> any page translated without the burden of tweaking the HTML,
> which would be built from the wiki pages and all translated
> pages would look almost identical.

        So I understand you don't want to turn http://gnu.org./ into a wiki
site, but rather use it as a staging point for translations that then
would be used automatically to generate the definitive pages, without
all the added user interface elements of a typical wiki?

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <address@hidden>
Maputo, Moçambique                        +258 (1) 360 360 ap 404