websec-users

Re: Ignoring unimportant Blocks

From: Baruch Even
Subject: Re: Ignoring unimportant Blocks
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:04:02 +0100

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 18:40, Sven Dawitz wrote:
> I use websec for quite a while now - and it is great ...

That's always nice to hear

> the webpage, which concerns, is http://www.unf-unf.de - see this page for the
> layout - even if you dont speak german
>
> what i wanna reach is getting mails if a new entry is made in the list below
> the news section!
>
> unfortuantly the news-section is updated sometimes even there are no new
> links posted.
> (currently, the news section is very short - but sometimes there is a long
> text - so Tmin wont work here)

If you could send a few html pages that show what you exactly need I
could try to write the ignore settings.

What is needed is a base-page and then one with changes to ignore and
one with changes that are not for ignore.

> so - is there a way in websec to ignore complete blocks ? in my sample
> ignore.list (debian "apt-get install websec"-version) are only some date
> examples with \d+ in it - and the manpage doesnt say much about the
> ignore-syntax (is there a \s+ etc ?)

The \d+ is regular expression speak for 'at least one digit but maybe
more'. \d is short for all digits 0 to 9 and + means at least one.

\s+ would mean one or more spaces.

Baruch