websec-users

Re: help with ignore rule

From: Baruch Even
Subject: Re: help with ignore rule
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:09:28 +0200

* James Gardiner <address@hidden> [061031 13:32]:
> Hello
>
> Can someone please help me with the expression to ignore the
> following (and all the combinations there of)
>
>       Tuesday October 31 2006

Not tested, mostly food for thought:

(Sunday|Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday) (January|February|March|...)
\d{1,2} \d{4}

You should fill the ... with the list of months. I'm too lazy :-)

The brackets collect choices, the different choices are seperated by the
vertical line |
\d stands for numbers
{n,m} stands for match the item before between n and m times, when it is only
a single number, it means match exactly that many times.

Cheers,
Baruch