weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [task #10549] opnotices sent to a channel should be shown

From: Filip H.F.
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [task #10549] opnotices sent to a channel should be shown in channel instead of server buffer
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 08:50:17 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, task #10549 (project weechat):

Okay, FlashCode pointed me towards /wallchops, which does display in-channel
as a NoticeOp when used. So this fixes the issues with /notice @#channel
<message>.

However, (display) support for sending channel notices to other levels of
users, such as:
 voiced (+),
 channel help/halfops (%),
 SOPs/channel-admins (&)
 channel founders (~)
as supported by several IRCds such as UnrealIRCd would be appreciated.

The actual sending to these levels is currently already possible with /notice
*#channel <message> (where * is the level of users, or even a combination of
several, you want to reach, e.g. /notice %&#help <message>).
However, these show up on the server buffer, instead of the channel's
buffer.
These should be displayed in the channel's buffer and show to which level
they were sent, e.g.:

/notice +#Lobby Hello you voiced people; have we been talking a lot today?
:)
-- Notice -> +#Lobby Hello you voiced people; have we been talking a lot
today? :)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?10549>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/