weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [bug #29879] Auto-split is limited and doesn't work for /m

From: Sebastien Helleu
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [bug #29879] Auto-split is limited and doesn't work for /me or dcc chat sessions
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 08:44:15 +0000

Update of bug #29879 (project weechat):

Follow-up Comment #1:

Done. But colors are not preserved in cut of messages (IMHO, it would make
more complex code, for something not really useful).

So with fix:
- privmsg is split correctly (CTCP is preserved)
- /me is split
- other messages are split: ison, join, notice, wallops, 005, 353
- messages sent by relay plugin to clients of irc proxy are split.

For dcc chat (xfer), I think it's not needed to split messages since there is
no IRC server between partners (tell me if I'm wrong). Moreover, it's not an
IRC message (with PRIVMSG), but only a string with a final new line char. I
made some tests with some other IRC clients, no problem with large messages.

And this split is accessible to other plugins/scripts with new info_hashtable
called "irc_message_split".

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?29879>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/