weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [task #11840] mouse and cursor related tasks

From: anonymous
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [task #11840] mouse and cursor related tasks
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:48:40 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name: Nei
        Originator Email: address@hidden
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
                IRC nick:

Details:

Hi FlashCode,

here are my thoughts SO FAR :-)

* is it possible to differentiate click on the nick name (prefix) in chat
window? bol is "", but bol is also "" if click on 1st letter of chat text
* better drag and drop support, e.g. click in middle of 1st line, drag to
middle of 3rd line; want to receive (select) from--to region
* hilighting or adding markup to the buffer, e.g. hilight all possible URLs,
or hilight current selection, or hilight currently selected (with
keyboard/cursor) URL see screenshot on my script page
<http://anti.teamidiot.de/static/nei/*/Code/WeeChat/0_WeeChat_MOUSE.html>
** selection should update during drag
** selection must work with /cursor, maybe something like start_selection,
end_selection
* alternatively a way to get text layout, to copy everything in a free layout
window. that's what my patch and script does
* double- or triple click support? example usage: double-click on URL to open,
double-click on nick to query (but single-click on nick opens nick menu)
** also: double-click and drag to start word selection (select text by word
boundaries)
* better keyboard navigation in /cursor mode, e.g. bind M-{b,f}, C-{a,e}
* resize split windows interactively with /cursor or mouse drag
* selection and cursor positioning for input_text area, I think positioning
should be somehow possible with the current API
* publish button down and button up events to scripts, so they can do
different things (menu script does select on down, execute on up)
* wish item: dynamic switch between 1000 and 1002 mode during drag, for better
xterm compatibility (see my mouse-var.pl script how to do it, basically switch
to 1002 on ' ' and back to 1000 on '#')

some sample how coords works, maybe you can help me come up with a plan how to
port it? the API and my "api" are thought up in other ways :-)

* button down -> create copy window (most similar to this: /cursor mode),
hilight URLs
** start drag: starts to select text, hilight as drag goes
*** button up: selected text is copied, copy win closes
** button up
*** nothing: IF there was a URL on the position, the URL is copied. copy win
closes
*** button down
**** start drag (i.e. double click with start drag): starts to select text BY
WORDS, hilight as drag goes (a lot of terminals have this feature)
***** button up: selected text is copied, copy win closes
**** button up (i.e. double click): IF there was a URL, lauch browser, copy
win closes

the list is structured as a tree, you have a different choice for each level
you go down, hope you can understand what I mean?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?11840>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/