weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [bug #38346] Weechat shows some passwords in the main wind

From: Sebastien Helleu
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [bug #38346] Weechat shows some passwords in the main window
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:53:11 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #38346 (project weechat):

OK, got it.

The rmodifier plugin only hides password in the command line, and text saved
in history of commands (that you can recall with up key).
I does not hide passwords in the chat area (where IRC messages are
displayed).
When you do /msg nickserv identify, the stars are sent by the server, so I
think server should send stars for ghost too.
For me the problem is on server side.

By the way, you can create or change rmodifiers yourself (even for messages
displayed in chat area), it's dynamic, so it's not a bug for me if some things
are not hidden by default, user can add them (and for common things, I can add
them by default if needed).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?38346>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/