wesnoth-releases

[Wesnoth-releases] Version 0.4.8

From: David White
Subject: [Wesnoth-releases] Version 0.4.8
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:41:44 +1000

I am happy to announce the release of Version 0.4.8 of Battle for
Wesnoth. The sourcecode is now available at
http://wesnoth.whitevine.net/downloads.htm

Changelog:

Version 0.4.8:
 * lots of bugs fixed
 * translations updated and some new translations
 * AI improvements - grouping, waiting for reinforcements
 * new tile graphics for grassland, shallow water, deep water, sand and
keep
 * more unit animations, sounds and descriptions
 * reduced movement for advanced units, they don't need to be both more
powerful and faster than lesser units
 * horseman is now neutral unit
 * paladin sword attack is now holy
 * wolf rider, goblin knight, vampire bat and blood bat attack is now
blade
 * new healing/curing, paladin and shaman have healing, white mage and
druid have cure
 * go-to implemented
 * ask to save replay at end of scenario
 * autosave ("crash recovery")
 * customizable hotkeys, configured in preferences-file
 * pressing window close button quits the game
 * scenario objectives are shown at the start of scenario
 * terrain descriptions now use 'terrain (underlying terrain)' format
 * when a unit reaches border of screen we center map on unit instead of
scrolling
 * validate saved games with version number
 * screen resolution can be changed in preferences
 * allow window to be dynamically resized when running windowed
 * use video hardware surfaces where possible (Windows seems to have
trouble with hardware surfaces so game always uses software surfaces
when running on Windows)
 * code cleanups
 * lots of compiler warning eliminated
 * sourcecode moved to src/