womeninfreesoftware

[Womeninfreesoftware] Welcome to the Women in Free Software Discussion L

From: Deborah Nicholson
Subject: [Womeninfreesoftware] Welcome to the Women in Free Software Discussion List!
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:13:37 -0400

Hi all,
You've been added to this list because either you asked me to add you, a
colleague of yours asked me to add you (along with themselves) or I've
met you and we had a conversation about how to increase women's
participation in free software.

"Why aren't more women involved in the movement to maintain and secure
freedom for all computer users?" There is nothing particularly male
about either computers or freedom -- and yet women account for fewer
than 2% of our community.

This discussion list is about how to fix that.

The FSF recently held a mini-summit to get the conversation started. You
may want to read the minutes of that discussion before jumping in,
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Womenscaucus/9.19.2009

If you have questions or concerns about whether something is appropriate
for this list, feel free to email me, address@hidden or come talk to
someone in #glofs on freenode.net

Lastly, if you ever want to change or cancel your subscription to this
list go here, http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/womeninfreesoftware

I'm looking forward to a great discussion!
Cheers,
Deborah Nicholson
FSF membership coordinator