womeninfreesoftware

Re: [Womeninfreesoftware] Hello, and a Question

From: Mary-Anne Wolf
Subject: Re: [Womeninfreesoftware] Hello, and a Question
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:06:09 +0000 (UTC)

The closest thing I can find to a reference is:

http://dir.salon.com/story/tech/books/2002/04/02/stallman/index.html

Sam Williams, author of "Free as in Freedom,"...a book about Stallman...

In high school, Stallman got A's in math and physics, but he failed English
because he adamantly refused to write essays of any kind. Williams speculates
that Stallman may be mildly autistic, or even suffer from Asperger's syndrome,
and he supports the theory with numerous observations from family and friends.
Even in high school, other gifted math and science geeks were alienated by
Stallman's out-of-kilter inability to socialize.

Mary-Anne