wp-mirror-list

[Wp-mirror-list] Mediawiki 1.19.1

From: wp mirror
Subject: [Wp-mirror-list] Mediawiki 1.19.1
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:44:45 -0400

Dear Benjamin,

1) Wheezy

>From monitoring the release-critical bugs status page,

<http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/>

I would hazard a guess that wheezy will be stable in about six months.
 Wheezy uses Mediawiki 1.19.1, the version you requested.  I will
upgrade one of my platforms to get an idea of how usable wheezy is.

2) wp-mirror 0.4

Currently I am working on version 0.4.  If wheezy is usable, then I
should set myself the following objectives:

    a) installation and configuration:  wp-mirror should automatically
install and configure itself and all its dependencies (MySQL,
Mediawiki, etc.), so that wp-mirror "just works" (i.e. gives the user
a nice "out-of-box" experience);

    b) feature:  automatic deletion of superseded revisions, which
currently accumulate in the database and waste disk space.

    c) documentation: complete the PDF documentation, and reduce the
README to a stub that references the PDF.

    d) distribution:  upgrade to wheezy

    e) debian: submit to debian and request sponsor to move it into sid.

Please let me have your thoughts.  Do you have a feature request?

3) wp-mirror 0.3

Please let me know if you have been able to get wp-mirror 0.3 working
end-to-end.  In particular:

    When you browse, do you now see images?

    Does the weekly CRON job run to completion?

    Do --gui and --screen options work?

Sincerely Yours,
Kent