ww-tedit-dev

[ww-tedit-dev] canonical ChangeLog

From: petar marinov
Subject: [ww-tedit-dev] canonical ChangeLog
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:59:36 -0700

I was not forming a canonical ChangeLog because it was too tedious. I remember in the CVS black book there was mentioned a script that will extract from the logs of a project the GNU format of ChangeLog. This evening I did a search for this script on the web and minutes later produced the first canonical ChangeLog.

http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl/

The problem is that the ChangeLog can only reflect the state of the affairs before the last check-in. I believe that this script doesn't have to be run for every single commit of files, it seems just too big a strain on cvs to extract the logs for every file.

-petar

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/ww-tedit/ww-tedit/ChangeLog?rev=1.16&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup