www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public

[Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] Fwd: [gnu.org #351798] Unacceptabl

From: Vivek Varghese Cherian
Subject: [Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] Fwd: [gnu.org #351798] Unacceptable behavior of Malayalam coordinator and www-ml administrator
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 23:06:34 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Praveen A <address@hidden>
Date: Jan 6, 2008 1:18 AM
To: address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden , address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, സ്വതന്ത്ര മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ് < address@hidden>

2008/1/4, Yavor Doganov via RT <address@hidden>:
> No, I was not merely suggesting, I said in plain text (more than one
> time, IIRC) that "www-ml" cannot be a subproject of "smc", whatever
> happens.  We don't work this way.

I respect your right to not make this a sub project of smc. Our idea
of a sub project is a dedicated subset of smc focusing on one
particular project/area (we have debian, gnome, kde, artists, fonts,
rendering... sub projects). As more and more new people started coming
to Free Software community (mostly though Malayalam blogosphere) we
realised there is a lack Malayalam content about Free Software and the
easiest and one of the most effective ways of making it was through
Malayalam translation of gnu.org articles. I have spent a lot of my
time for smc (it was started by Baiju in 2002) and we are happy to see
a lot of new contributors and a strong community. Now with your
decision I have realised Vivek was right about denying my membership.
I have the problem resolved for me.

I am ashamed of my behaviour. It was childish and immature. I was
arrogant and driven by my ego than my senses. I am really sorry about
the way I have handled this issue. Thanks everyone for spending your
time in this matter.

I don't want to be an admin of gmp nor will I be a part of it. I
already have commitment to GNOME, KDE and Debian and a lot of other
projects as well. I will focus on those.

I wish good luck to the GNU Malayalam project and I hope more
contributors will join the project and we will see a lot of Malayalam
pages in gnu.org

Once again I make an apology for my bad behaviour and making a mess
out of it. It did not suit a Free Software community member. I thank
all of you for being patient with me and showing me my mistakes.

Vivek,
I hope you will accept this sincere apology from me. I know it hurts
when people talk like this and I'm really sorry about it. Hope to see
you at address@hidden

Happy Hacking
Praveen
--
Dear Praveen,

Let bygones be bygones and let us think how we can get all the www.gnu.org webpages translated to Malayalam without any further delay.

As the project leader of the GNU-Malayalam Project and as Yavor rightly pointed out,  I take the blame for the delay caused thus far for in the translation of www.gnu.org  to Malayalam. This is a public confession in front of the community.

I am taking this critisism in the most postive sense and it only makes me more determined to correct and improve myself.  I am awaiting the valuble suggessions from the community on how we can complete the translations, review them and commit them upstream asap.

I wish Anivar all the best and appreciate his determination in galavanising the collective strength of the SMC to complete the www.gnu.org translation asap. I hope the meeting in Cochin with those willing to translate the GNU website will be a success and wish you all the very best.

Kindly let me know if I can be of any assistance. It is highly doubtful if I can make it to the meeting but will try my level best.

In highest regards,
--
VivekVC