www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public

[Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] Re: [gnu.org #351798] Unacceptable

From: Vivek Varghese Cherian
Subject: [Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] Re: [gnu.org #351798] Unacceptable behavior of Malayalam coordinator and www-ml administrator
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:09:13 +0530

Dear Praveen,

That is great. But did you extend the same courtesy to Anivar and
Anvar before removing them? Just wanted to know.

I understand your concerns. The delay in communicating the removal of long term inactive members is a lapse on my part. I realized it only when Yavor pointed it out.

All the inactive members (Anwar, Anivar and Ramki) had been removed presently and have been informed of the removal by personal mail.

The GNU Malayalam Project is welcoming new volunteers who can join in the project mailing list and submit sample translations (like I had requested you when you had applied for a membership of the project ).

I have myself led the way by example by submitting a draft translation of the www.gnu.org home page to Malayalam and I am pleased to know that it has been received well by the GNU Malayalam community. Jaganadh.G, a linguist C-DAC Thiruvananthapuram, has been gracious enough to make suggestions for improvements and had posted a revised version of the translation in the mailing list, Jinesh a research Engineer at IIIT, Hyderabad has also provided some feedback. Nice to see that Anivar also had some suggestions to make.

I thank all the members in the community for their valuable feedbacks and I request your sustained contributions to the GNU Malayalam project.  Together let us ensure that the vision of the GNU Malayalam Project reaches the grassroots in Kerala.

Thanks+Regards,
--
VivekVC