www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public

[Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] Re: [gnu.org #351798] Unacceptable

From: Vivek Varghese Cherian
Subject: [Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] Re: [gnu.org #351798] Unacceptable behavior of Malayalam coordinator and www-ml administrator
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:34:58 +0530

Hi Yavor and the Web translators team,

On Jan 12, 2008 3:06 PM, Yavor Doganov via RT <address@hidden> wrote:

Praveen wrote:

> This is exactly why I can't be a part of such an effort where smc
> does all the work and someone else take the credit. Credit and
> recognition for one's work is what motivates many in the Free
> Software community.

Yavor wrote:-

If you translate an article, your name will appear in the translation,
if you wish so.  This is regardless of how the translation was
reviewed and who installed it.  Even if the translator is not a member
of the translation team (as it happens sometimes -- occasional
contributors translate an article or two), it is entirely appropriate
to give credit.  So don't worry about this, we do not strip credits.

Hi Yavor,

This is the exact contents of the second personal mail I sent to Praveen when he had expressed his concerns about due credits not being given.

< Vivek's mail to Praveen starts>

Any one  willing to join the project in a personal capacity is always welcome and an opportunity and credit will always be given where it is due. I do not see any issues of credit not been given here.

The GNU Malayam Project has always been and independent project and not a sub project of any project. An attempt to make it a sub project of any other project is not appreciable.

Thanks+Regards,
---
VivekVC

<Vivek's mail to Praveen ends>