wxmozilla-devel

[Wxmozilla-devel] Subscription

From: Dave Fancella
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:18:05 -0800

Ok, I'm not sure my subscription has taken effect yet, this thing seems to
be acting a little different than sourceforge, even though it's fairly
obvious that its the same software running savannah that runs sourceforge.

Anyway,

I've tracked down the call that's failing, but I haven't figured out why.

In wxMozillaInterface.cpp, there's this line in the constructor:
 mIWindow = new wxMozillaIWindow(this);

For some reason it's NOT making a new wxMozillaIWindow, and returning NULL
instead.  So the following call:

 mWebBrowser->SetContainerWindow(NS_STATIC_CAST(nsIWebBrowserChrome *,
mIWindow));

results in a segfault.  I haven't been able to determine why the first call
is failing, though.

On the subject of debugging messages:

wxASSERT(condition);

Put a condition in condition such as:
wxASSERT(mIWindow == NULL);

And you will receive a popup if the condition evaluates TRUE, but only in
debug.  When you compile a release version, wxASSERTs disappear completely
and do not even show up in the executable.  The problem is that you can't
use them to show variable values.  I think we should use a wxLog instead for
that, but I haven't tore into it, yet.  The Logged stuff should stay in the
release version, so if something fails for endusers we can look at their log
files and use the information to track down their problems.  :)

Dave