wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] OS X 10.2.6 compile error

From: John Platte
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] OS X 10.2.6 compile error
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:12:13 -0500

On Wednesday, Jul 23, 2003, at 09:25 America/Chicago, Kevin Smith wrote:

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 07:18, John Platte wrote:
Something apparently broke whatever invoked wxpp (my guess, I could be
way off). I deleted all the files that CVS didn't know about (the
Makefile and .cpp's and .h's for button, caret, checkbox, etc.) and ran
extconf.rb and make. I got this:

address@hidden ~/packages/wxruby/src]$ ruby extconf.rb
creating Makefile
address@hidden ~/packages/wxruby/src]$ make
make: *** No rule to make target `button.cpp', needed by `button.o'.
Stop.

Yikes. That's really strange. Please take a look at Makefile and see if
it has a .t.cpp rule.

Yes, at the bottom:

window.o: window.cpp wx.h  window.h evthandler.h colour.h \
  font.h size.h rect.h sizer.h caret.h point.h layout.h region.h \
  validator.h cursor.h tooltip.h classinfo.h
wx.o: wx.cpp wx.h

.t.cpp:
        ruby wxpp.rb $<

.t.h:
        ruby wxpp.rb $<

tclean:; @$(RM) button.h choice.h frame.h togglebutton.h caret.h colourdialog.h grid.h textattr.h checkbox.h control.h menuitem.h textctrl.h window.h
[End of Makefile]

Also, look at extconf.rb and make sure it has this
stuff:

File.open("Makefile","ab+") {|f|
    f.puts
    f.puts(".t.cpp:")
    f.puts("\truby wxpp.rb $<")

Yes, followed immediately by similar stuff for ".t.h:".

I use cvs -dPA in the root directory of my working copy, and the only complaints when I update are for the additional files I have to comment out icons, etc...

--
John Platte
Principal Consultant, NIKA Consulting