wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] Status update

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] Status update
Date: 03 Aug 2003 11:42:14 -0700

Howdy all,

I just wanted to apologize for the silence the last couple weeks. Of the
last three weekends, I have been out of town for two and sick for the
other. Combine that with buying a new computer and looking for a new
place to live, and...well...my life is almost as busy as some of the
other folks on the list. Ok. I'm done whining.

My near-term goals for wxRuby are:
1. Incorporate the patches posted recently to this list
2. Migrate to rubyforge
3. Release a 0.1, even if it doesn't work on all platforms yet
4. Release my monkeys and redwood projects as larger examples of wxRuby
projects

My guess at this point is that #1 can happen within a couple days, #2
probably next weekend (Aug 9), and #3 and #4 by the middle of August.

Kevin

P.S. I'm using redwood for about 40% of my email now. It's still very
rough, but it really does work. And in spite of all the things I KNOW
are wrong with wxRuby, it has not caused any crashes or problems with
redwood for a few weeks.