xbindkeys-devel

Fw: [Xbindkeys-devel] reading the output of run-command

From: Philippe Brochard
Subject: Fw: [Xbindkeys-devel] reading the output of run-command
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 21:11:07 +0200

From: Marc Belmont <...>
To: Philippe Brochard <...>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 17:00:32 +0200

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Philippe Brochard <...> wrote:

  Marc Belmont writes:

  > hi,

  Hi,
  > I wanted to read the output of run-command and I wrote this scheme
  code
  > (define (shell-run cmd)
  > (let* ((port (open-input-pipe cmd))
  > (str (read-line port)))
  > (close-port port)
  > str))

  I see nothing wrong with your code (expect maybe the indentation). And
  it's in the guile manual.
  > and then something like
  > (xbindkey-function '(a) (lambda () (display (shell-run "xdotool
  getmouselocation"))))
  > it's working ok 5 times and then I get an error
  > glibc detected *** xbindkeys: free(): invalid next size (fast):
  0x80512a0 ***...
  > What's wrong with my code?

  Please, can you try this code directly with guile:

  (use-modules (ice-9 popen))
  (use-modules (ice-9 rdelim))
  (define (shell-run cmd)
(let* ((port (open-input-pipe cmd))
 (str (read-line port)))
  (close-port port)
  str))

  (do ((i 0 (1+ i)))
  ((= i 1000))
(display (shell-run "echo foo bar")))

works ok

  Then with xbindkeys in the xbindkeysrc.scm but with no keys associated.

  And then with a key associated. Something like this:

  (xbindkey-function '(a) (lambda ()
(do ((i 0 (1+ i)))
 ((= i 1000))
  (display (shell-run "echo foo bar")))))

prints 5 times foo bar and then I get the error: glibc detected ***
xbindkeys: free(): invalid next size (fast)

I use ubuntu linux inside of vmware. Host OS is Vista.

regards, marc

  I'd like to see if the problem is in xbindkeys itself or if it comes
  from guile.

  Thanks for your feedback,
  Philippe