xbindkeys-devel

[Xbindkeys-devel] xbindkeys & grsecurity|pax : libqthreads.so.12 problem

From: E. Prom
Subject: [Xbindkeys-devel] xbindkeys & grsecurity|pax : libqthreads.so.12 problem
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 03:34:00 +0100

Hi,

After patching my kernel with grsecurity, xbindkeys refused to start
with this message :
"xbindkeys: error while loading shared libraries: libqthreads.so.12:
cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: Permission
denied"

The blocking "feature" seemed to be CONFIG_PAX_MPROTECT.

I solved the problem by runing execstack -c
/usr/lib/libqthreads.so.12.3.1 (as .12 is a symlink to .12.3.1 on my
debian).

It was not trivial to solve... maybe it's not xbindkeys's fault, but
I'd had appreciated information about this on xindkeys's homepage.

Thanks,