[XBoard-devel] Re: webpages for xboard

From: Tim Mann
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Re: webpages for xboard
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 00:35:21 -0700

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:16:36 -0700, Tim Mann <address@hidden> wrote:
> * My Chess Engines page has a link to
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chess-engines/.  This group still exists
> but has a very low level of activity.  It was always intended to be a
> low-traffic list about the engine protocol, but what little traffic
> there is nowadays is not about that, just general questions about
> writing engines.  Maybe I should concede that the group is practically
> dead and put it out of its misery.  The archives are perhaps slightly
> useful for discussions about the protocol and about features that were
> proposed for "version 3".

Actually, looking at the recent messages, people are still coming there
to ask about the protocol sometimes.  Let's keep the group around
and keep a link to it from whatever page(s) we end up having for engine
authors.  We should point them to the WinBoard Forum too, though, since
that's more active.

--
Tim Mann  address@hidden  http://tim-mann.org/