[XBoard-devel] beta1

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] beta1
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 23:45:46 -0700

Hi

I tagged version beta1 and tried uploading to ftp://alpha.gnu.org (also changed
the version name to beta1 in configure.ac and config.h and a WB*.dev file). The
upload is an automatic process and might take a while until the cron-script
noticed the upload. I will add links to that version tomorrow and then send out
emails to ICS and FICS to ask for beta-tester and also add a news entry on
savannah. As HGM said, the winboard version seems to be already quite well
debugged, but we could need some exposure for XBoard, which we should get this
way... I also will add links to the opensuse version and a .deb version and can
also try to upload a .zip file for the windows version... might be that we can
only upload .tar.gz to gnu.org though, in which case I'll put the zip file on
my web-space.

getting closer to a new release ;)

ARUN