[XBoard-devel] gnu-readline support

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] gnu-readline support
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 23:28:57 -0700

Hi

I just played a bit with gnu-readline support for XBoard and it seems to be
working fine when logging into FICS.  The FICS prompt will still be displayed,
but when you type text you get a new "xboard>" prompt and have a command
history,  command line editing, etc.

I still need to add check to configure.ac and Makefile.am, so that you can
disable readline usage. But that should not be that hard ;)

At the moment you can try it out from my git-tree at:

http://nubati.net/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/xboard/log/?h=gnu-readline

Once I got the configure stuff sorted out, I'll push it to the master branch.

Feel free to test and let me know what you think.

cheers
        ARUN