Re: [XBoard-devel] released 4.4.3

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] released 4.4.3
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 20:00:31 +0100

OK,

I built a WinBoard version of 4.4.3 and used it to replace the winboard.exe in the installer. I updated the links in the WinBoard forum download section to point to this new installer.
I announced the release on TalkChess, WB forum and Rybka forum.

I noticed the following, which escaped my attention before:
The tarball contains a winboard/parser.c, while the makefiles expect it in ./parser.c. As I have flex installed, this is no problem: it just generates a new parser.c, and you have to pay really close attention to notice that it does. But it kind of defeats the purpose of including
a parser.c in the tarball.

A second point where I goofed is the Windows HTML help. The project file for this (winboard/help/winboard.hhp) still refers to completely different contents and index files than those in the tree. For me, those files are there, so i did not notice it. (Except that I changed one for this release, and the change did not end up in the index of the compiled help file.) But for others the files won't exist in the place where the project file specifies them. In fact a compiled .chm file is included in the tar ball. I guess I put it there myself, when I registered an enture directory for inclusion in git, but I am not sure if it belongs there, as it is a generated file. Because of the latter reason, I forgot to update it when I fixed the typo in the HTML help source files just before we released. So the .chm file in the tarball is actually an obsolete one. (In previous v4.4.x releases we never changed the
help file.)

I have redone the generation with the HTML source files from the tarball, and included the
correct .chm file with the 4.4.3 installer I now distribute.

I have also prepared a new installer for a JAWS version. The person who was responsible for the tutorial in that one, wants to update it, however, before we actually release that.
So I have not posted or announced a new JAWS version yet.