Re: [XBoard-devel] overruling engine features

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] overruling engine features
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:07:51 -0800

Hi

On 11/07/2011 01:13 AM, h.g. muller wrote:
>[...]
> This is especially dangerous since the option changing the feature
> defaults is now implemented as persistent; perhaps we should configure
> XBoard such that the /etc/xboard.conf resets the option to an empty
> string _after_ having read the user settings file, so that people can
> only enable the persistence by first removing that line from the master
> settings file.

hmm, does this mean that the user needs to have admin rights to change
this or do you only want admins to allow this overwrite?

I guess people playing xboard will in >99% have this, but perhaps this
is not the best way... can't think of anything better though...

If this is related to wine, perhaps we should file a wine-bug?

Arun