Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.6.x build problem

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.6.x build problem
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:26:09 -0800

Hi

On 02/23/2012 03:35 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> I downloaded the latest v4.6.x commit from Savannah git, unpacked it in a
> virgin directory, cd'ed there, and tried to build through
>
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make
> [gettext problem]

this is due to the fact that we use different versions of gettext and
different gettext versions are not 100% compatible it seems.

AFAIK this shouldn't happen with a tar ball (perhaps you could test it),
since there you won't run autogen.sh and all gettext files/scripts
should be included already and should be generated by the same gettext
version?

See http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#Distributed-CVS

cheers
        ARUN