Re: [XBoard-devel] Winboard .pgn Question

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Winboard .pgn Question
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:43:47 +0100

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 4:22 AM, Sean Evans <address@hidden> wrote:
I am using Winboard on ICC and saving my games automatically to a file called ICC.pgn

In which folder?

The problem I am having is CB Fritz 12, does not seem to see the ICC.pgn file!  So I cannot upload in to Fritz and analyze the game.
I tried creating a .pgn file under Fritz, but Winboard does not save to it!?

Again, in which folder? Can WinBoard load from it?

I use to be able to save my files in .pgn under Winboard and play them in previous versions of Fritz, but that was a while ago.  Maybe CB has a different version of .pgn??

That should not matter. WinBoard would append PGN games to the collected works of Asimov, if the file was writable...

I tried asking on the Winboard forum without any success.

When was that? Looking on 'Sean Evans' there only came up with a post made in 2000, and I could not find your name in the member list. (Unfortunately it is not possible to search for 'Fritz' there...) Did you change your username there?

Do you have a suggestion for what is wrong?

Without actually seing the files to which to try to save, this is imposisble to say.
On a side note are you considering updating Winboard again?  We need you back!!

Was 4.6.0 not recent enough?